Lake View Campground is located on the north side of Upper Lake Mary. A good place to make base camp to explore the surrounding area including the many lakes in the region. The campground is terraced and is a great place to tent camp. Lakeview campground is first come first served. Reservations are not accepted.
Upper Lake Mary can be accessed by car or by foot via the Wood Memorial Trail 0.5 miles away. Don’t forget to bring your fishing tackle as Upper Lake Mary is stocked regularly with rainbow trout, bass and channel catfish. Other nearby lakes to explore include Ashurst Lake, Kinnickinnick Lake and Marshall Lake.
Wildlife viewing is fantastic here with frequently sighted bald eagles, deer, elk, osprey and the occasional great blue heron.
This campground was recently renovated in 2002 and is ideal for tent campers.
From Flagstaff travel south to FR 3 (Lake Mary Road) and head east for 11.5 miles to the campground.
- Elevation: 6900′
- Season: May to Oct 15th
- Stay Limit: 14 Days
- Campsites: 30
- Trailer Limit: 28′
- Potable Water: Yes
- Restrooms: Vault
- Campsite grills, tables and fire rings
- Information: Coconino National Forest – Flagstaff Ranger District 928-526-0866
- Reservations are not accepted, this is a first come first served campground.
- Tents and small motor homes are permitted. RVs and trailers under 28 feet can be accommodated in some sites.
- No utility hookups.
- Pets must always be restrained or on a leash.
- No horses allowed in the campground.
- Only street-legal motorbikes/ATVs may be used for entering or leaving campsite.
- 14 day stay limit.
- Campground roads and spurs are gravel.