Luna Lake Campground is located just 4 miles east of the city of Alpine. The campground is divided into two areas. One area is tent only while the other area is tent, RV or trailer camping. There are 3 group sites are available by reservation only (1 Large 100+ person & 2 small group site of under 20 people).
Luna lake is the largest body of water in the Alpine district. As summer goes by, water is drained from the lake for irrigation purposes, so fishing is much better after the thaw than in late summer. There is a boat launch available and a small tackle shop and boat rental facility on the lake. Motors of 8 horsepower or less may be used on the lake.
Rainbow trout are stocked regularly during the late spring and summer months. Located at the day use area are a marina, fishing pier, bait shop, boat rentals and a picnic area.
Head over to the town of Alpine for shopping and services. Or, you can take a hike into the Coronado Trail Scenic Byway and Escudilla Wilderness which encompasses over 2 million acres in Arizona and New Mexico.
- Elevation: 8000′
- Season: April 30 – October 31
- Stay Limit: 14 Days
- Campsites: 50
- Trailer Limit: 32′
- Potable Water
- Dump Station: No
- Showers: No
- Grills and Tables
- Fire rings
- Utility Hookups: No
- 50 Single unit sites
- Trailers and motorhomes up to 32 feet length
- Utility hookups are not available
- Only two motorized vehicles per site
- Pets must be restrained or on a leash
- Operated by a concessionaire
- Near Alpine for shopping and services
- Tables, fire rings, and cooking grills
- Convenient motor home/trailer parking
- Tackle shop and boat rental concessionaire at lake
- Trash dumpsters (Memorial Day-Labor Day)
- Picnic facilities (Ramadas, tables and toilet, Handicapped Accessible)
From Alpine head east on U.S. Highway 180 for 4 miles to the lake entrance. The campground is 1 mile northeast from the lake entrance.