Knoll Lake Campground is pretty much a long way from everything. The road leading to Knoll Lake is bumpy but the scenery along the way is spectacular. The rim views along the way are unbelievable. 33 Campsites are first come first served basis.
This is a good campground to try when all the other campgrounds in the Rim Lakes area are full. On a busy June weekend, there were several campgrounds open when everything else in the area was completely booked.
The lake is set in stands of Ponderosa pines, aspen and spruce. For those who tow in a boat there is a single lane boat ramp available on the north end of the lake. Rainbow trout can be caught here and the scenery only gets better when you are out on a boat.
From the Rim Visitor Center, head west 11 miles on Rim Road to F.R. 295E this may take a little while. Turn right on F.R. 295E to the campground entrance 3.3 miles north on F.R. 295E
- Elevation: 7465′
- Season: May to September
- Stay Limit: 14 Days
- Campsites: 33
- Trailer Limit: 32′
- Potable Water is available
- Restrooms: Vault
- Campsite grills, tables and fire rings
- Information: Mogollon Rim Ranger District 928-527-3600
- Cutting or chopping live trees is prohibited.
- Pets must always be restrained or on a leash.
- No horses allowed in the campground.
- Licensed off-road vehicles may be used only for entering or leaving campsite.