The campsite with the best facilities on the rim is Canyon Point Campground. Only 5 miles east of Willow Springs Lake, Canyon Point campground offers 32 campsites with electric hookups, trailers up to 75 feet, showers with flush toilets, group sites, double sites, quad sites, a dump station, overflow parking and an amphitheater for interpretative programs. A general store is only two miles east at Forest Lakes. Canyon Point makes a great base camp for extended camping trips and to explore the rim area. Temperatures during spring and fall can be rather cold so be prepared.
This is the perfect campground if you are looking to camp with a group. 5 double sites can accommodate up to 16 people. Small group sites can each handle up to 25 people and the large group site can hold up to 55 people.
- Non electric double Sites are Loop B sites 43 and 50 (16 people)
- Non electric quad site or “Small Group Site” is on Loop B between sites 83 and 74 marked by the blue tent/rv icon on the map below. (25 people)
- Non electric “Large Group Site” is on Loop B between sites 83 and 85 and is marked by the purple tent/rv icon on the right (55 People)
- Electric double sites are located on Loop A campsite 1 and Loop A site 28 (16 people each)
- Electric quad site or “Small Group Campground” is located on Loop A campsite 27 (25 people)
Showers are per use and run $5.00. If you are staying at another campground, just pull up to the check in station and let them know that you want to use the showers and they will accept your payment and let you into the campground.
Boating and fishing is available at many areas along the rim, the closest being Willow Springs Lake 5 miles west and Woods Canyon Lake 10 miles west.
Trails in the campground lead to a sinkhole and the edge of the Mogollon Rim above the Canyon Creek Fish Hatchery. Ask the camp host on how t find the trail head.
The Rim Visitors Information Center is located at the junction of the S. R. 260 and Rim Road.
From Heber travel 19 miles west on S.R. 260 to the camp entrance on the left.
From the Visitors Center travel 4.5 miles east on S.R. 260 to the camp entrance on the right.
Single non-electrical site $25 a night, $12.50 extra vehicle charge. Single electric site $30 a night $12.50 extra vehicle charge. One vehicle and eight people for both of these sites. Mini-group site non-electrical $71, up to 16 people and 4 vehicles. Mini-group site electrical $88, up to 16 people and 4 vehicles. Small group site non-electrical $185, up to 25 people and 6 vehicles. Small group site electrical $190, up to 25 people and 6 vehicles. Large group site non-electrical $225, up to 55 people and 12 vehicles.
- Elevation – 7680′
- Season – May to October
- Stay Limit – 14 days
- Campsites 106
- Trailer Limit – 75′
- Access – paved
- Potable Water – Yes
- RV Waste Disposal – Yes
- RV Hookups – 32 with electricity
- Restrooms – Flush (at Showers 8am. to 8pm) and vault
- Closest Store – 8 Miles east at Forest Lakes
- Campsite grills, tables and fire rings
- Information – 928-535-7300
- Firewood – at the camp host